It was obvious to all that saw the football game that the best coach and the best team won the contest on Saturday at Sun Life Stadium.
Here are a few of the key stats of the game:
- Quarterback Brad Kaaya finished the game completing 20 of 34 attempts for 223 yards,two touchdowns and no interceptions. This is the first game in Kaaya’s career that he did not throw an interception.
- Eight different receivers caught passes for the third time this season.(Herb Waters, Malcolm Lewis, Joe Yearby, Clive Walford, Duke Johnson, Stacy Coley, Walter Tucker and Braxton Berrios)
- Running back Duke Johnson surpassed 4,000 career all-purpose yards in the first quarter. He joins former Hurricanes Santana Moss and Ottis Anderson as the only players in school history to surpass 4,000 all-purpose yards.
- Johnson surpassed 100 yards rushing for the eighth time in his career and for the first time this season. He finished the game with 155 yards rushing.
- With his 155 yards rushing, Johnson surpassed former Hurricane Graig Cooper for fifth on the all-time rushing list. Johnson currently has 2,392 career rushing yards.
- Only Miami RBs with a TD catch of 40-or-more yards in the last 15 years: Mike James, Duke Johnson and Joe Yearby.
- Running back Joe Yearby caught a 47-yard pass from QB Brad Kaaya in the fourth quarter. This is Yearby’s first touchdown reception of his career.
- Wide receiver Herb Waters totaled five receptions for 81 yards. Herb Waters’ 81 receiving yards is the highest all season. Additionally, he hauled in his first touchdown reception of the season and the eighth of his career.