Your Miami Hurricanes will play their final game of the 2011 college football season on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, marking the conclusion of the first year under new head coach Al Golden.
As we come to the close of another season we thought it would be appropriate to list a few things that we are thankful for this Thanksgiving. Here is the short list of what we feel deserves thanks and praise this Holiday weekend:
- More U.S. soldiers coming home to their families for the Holidays from the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Head coach Al Golden for coming to Miami this year and hopefully being here next year and many more years to come.
- For former UM players Ryan Braun winning the National League MVP award with the Milwaukee Brewers and for Jon Jay winning the World Series as part of the St. louis Cardinals.
- Offensive Coordinator Jedd Fisch who directed the Hurricane offense and made a productive QB out of Jacory Harris during his Senior season at UM.
- Chris Freet and the entire crew at hurricanesports.com for the fantastic job they do in providing Hurricane fans the news we can use.
- The Hampton Inn hotel in Plantation for supporting Canespace and hosting UM fans from all over the Country both near and far.
- All of the former bloggers here at Canespace who contributed so much over the years including the recently departed Solarcane and Canechic and so many others who have added to the blog content and conversation over the last five plus years.
- All of the players in the Senior class who graduated from UM this season. While the ultimate goal may not have been accomplished we appreciate your efforts and contributions.
- Sean Spence for being the best and most productive defensive player at Miami over the last four years. #31 knew what it meant to wear "The U" on his helmet.
- The newly implemented "Hurricane Walk" at Sun Life Stadium. A great chance to see and cheer on the coaches and players close up on their way into the stadium before games.
- JoJo Nicholas for being a real team player and also the most consistent defensive back for the Hurricanes during the 2011 season.
- Tailgate parties at East 23 with real Canes fans like OGV, Canezilla, RaizeCane, Kenny and Monica and so many others. East-siders rule!
- Jacory Harris for being a true Miami Hurricane and remaining strong and committed the The U in spite of the adversity and criticism he had to endure during his career.
- Military plane fly-overs just before kickoff. They always inspire and never get old.
- For Art Kehoe coming home to coach his beloved Miami Hurricanes offensive line once again.
- Twitter actually becoming a useful tool to gather information instead of just random chatter.
- All of the great Hurricane fans and bloggers here at Canespace who make everything we do here on the blog fun and worthwhile.
It has been another interesting year of ups and downs, wins and losses and successes and failures.
I hope you enjoyed "The Process" as much as I did and followed along as we have narrowed down "The Short List To The Superdome" courtesy of our good friend Christopher Whelpton.
Beginning next week we will shift our focus to college basketball and then turn our attention to college football recruiting in January and February before following UM baseball in 2012.
Thank U once again for being on Canespace and Go Canes!!!