Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to receive the 2012 Miami Football poster, get autographs from their favorite Hurricane players and coaches, and purchase single-game and season tickets for the upcoming 2012 season. Sebastian the Ibis and the spirit squads will be on hand to greet fans and the Hurricanes faithful will have the chance to take photos with a piece of UM history – trophies on loan from the UM Sports Hall of Fame, including the National Championship trophy, Heisman Trophy and Orange Bowl Championship.
Hurricane youngsters can enjoy interactive games and inflatables, while fans young and old alike will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to run through “the smoke.” Miami fans can purchase Hurricane-related apparel, including the new NIKE 2012 Coaches Sideline Polo.
Due to time constraints and out of the respect for others in attendance, fans will be limited to one autographed item Saturday.
The Miami Athletics Ticket Office, which is moving to the BankUnited Center, will have a special ticket offer valid only during #CanesFest. Fans can buy one ticket for Miami’s Sept. 15 home opener vs. Bethune-Cookman and receive a second ticket free. There is no limit on the number of tickets than can be purchased.
Since Aug. 1, HurricaneSports.com has unveiled 18 reasons to attend BankUnited #CanesFest:
- Get your 2012 Miami Football poster. All fans in attendance will receive a copy of the 2012 Miami Football poster, which you can get autographed by every member of the Miami football team and coaching staff.(Fans are limited to one item autographed)
- Take pictures with the 2012 Hurricanes players and coaches.Now that you've received your 2012 poster, you'll have plenty of time to get autographs and take photos with your favorite players and coaches.
- Meet Sebastian the Ibis. The greatest college mascot in the nation will be on hand at BankUnited #CanesFest.
- Join the Hurricane Club. Help to strengthen the University of Miami's commitment to student-athlete excellence. As a member of the Hurricane Club, your charitable gift is tax deductible and affords you several benefits - priority seating, parking, members-only events, and other exclusive rewards. The greatest reward, however, is the direct and immediate impact you make on the lives of our student-athletes.
- The Coolest Event in Town. Did we mention that #CanesFest will be held inside the BankUnited Center. No heat or humidity. Just cool, family fun.
- Renew (or purchase) Season Tickets. The perfect place to renew or purchase your 2012 Miami Hurricanes season tickets.
- Run Through the Smoke. Experience the Miami Hurricanes football tradition of running through the smoke.
- Take a Photo with the Heisman Trophy at the UM Sports Hall of Fame display.Take your photo with other memorabilia from 85 years of Hurricanes athletics, too. Other trophies on display will be the Thorpe Award (Bennie Blades), Lombardi Trophy (Warren Sapp), Outland Trophy (Russell Maryland) and the 1988 Orange Bowl trophy, among others.
- Wear what the coaches wear and be one of the first fans to get the official NIKE Coaches Sideline Polo.The University of Miami Bookstore (Follett) will be selling official Hurricanes merchandise so be sure to get properly outfitted for the 2012 season.
10. Meet USA Olympic and Miami Hurricanes Track coach Amy Deem.
11. A 30-minute Q&A with coaches Al Golden, Amy Deem and others
12. Spirit Squads will be at the BUC.
13. Fans get a chance to visit their school, "The U".
14. 560 WQAM will broadcast live from the floor of BankUnited Center during the duration of BankUnited #CanesFest
15. Submit your questions for Saturday's Q&A
16. Miami Athletics Ticket Office Moved to BankUnited Center
17. Free family fun (and free parking)
18. Because #IStandWithTheU
Season and single-game tickets for the 2012 football season are available online, by phone at 1-800-GO-CANES (1-305-284-2263) or in-person at the Miami Athletics Ticket Office at the BUC.