MIAMI (1-0, 1-0 ACC) 42, BOSTON COLLEGE (0-1, 0-1 ACC) 32
ALUMNI STADIUM • CHESTNUT HILL, MASS.
SEPT. 1, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 39,262
• Today’s Captains: RB Mike James, QB Stephen Morris, CB Brandon McGee and DE Shayon Green
• Weather at Kickoff : 72 degrees, partly cloudy. Wind from the E at 14 mph. 61 percent humidity.
• Denzel Perryman’s interception return for a touchdown was the first for the Hurricanes since Kelvin Cain returned one 59 yards against Bethune-Cookman on Oct. 1, 2011.
• With his second-quarter TD run, Duke Johnson’s became the first Miami true freshman to start and score in a season-opener since Jacory Harris raced 30-yards against Charleston Southern on Aug. 28, 2008.
• Miami is now 57-29-1 all-time in season openers and has won four of the last five. The Canes improved to 16-12 in road openers.
• UM is now 3-3 when starting the season against an ACC opponent.
• Miami now holds a 24-5 advantage in the series against Boston College and a leads 8-3 in Chestnut Hill.
• This was only the second time the teams met in the season opener (1993).
• It was UM’s first win at Boston College since 2001.
• Today’s Defensive Starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DT Darius Smith, DT Olsen Pierre, DE Shayon Green, LB Thurston Armbrister, LB Denzel Perryman, LB Ramon Buchanan, CB Brandon McGee, S Kacy Rodgers, S Vaughn Telemaque and CB Thomas Finnie
• Today’s Offensive Starters: WR Allen Hurns, LT Malcolm Bunch, LG Jon Feliciano, C Shane McDermott, RG Brandon Linder, OT Ereck Flowers, TE Dyron Dye, QB Stephen Morris, RB Duke Johnson, RB Mike James, WR Phillip Dorsett.
• Making their first career starts today: LB Thurston Armbrister, S Kacy Rodgers, CB Thomas Finnie, DL Olsen Pierre, RB Duke Johnson, OT Ereck Flowers and C Shane McDermott
• RB Eduardo Clements was the first Cane to score in 2012 on a first-quarter 1-yard plunge. It was the second career touchdown for the junior.
• LB Denzel Perryman (2011 Freshman All-American) returned an interception 41 yards for a touchdown to end the first quarter. The interception and touchdown were career firsts for the sophomore.
• RB Duke Johnson scored his first career touchdown on a 54-yard scamper in the second quarter and added a 56-yard score in the third quarter. He totaled 135 yards for the game, the most by a UM true freshman since Javarris James racked up 148 yards against Houston (Sept. 30, 2006).
• WR Allen Hurns recorded a career-high 81 yards in the game.
• WR Malcolm Lewis notched a receiving touchdown in his debut, as three of the Canes’ four offensive touchdowns were scored by true freshmen.
• PK Jake Wieclaw connected on both field goal attempts and made all five PAT tries.
• QB Stephen Morris set new career highs with 28 completions and 45 pass attempts in the game. He started the opener for the second time in as many years.