Each year around this time we tend to lose certain bloggers who simply can't understand or agree to follow a few simple "rules of engagement" (ROE) when it comes to blogging.
Over the years we have lost many friends and bloggers due to "friendly fire" and the symptoms of the common off-season malaise. Recently, we lost another due to recent repeated incidents.
In an effort to prevent future blog issues and to provided a positive, safe, supportive, and family friendly environment in which to express our ideas and opinions we have established some ROE that govern behavior on the blog.
Here are the simple and concise Canespace ROE:
1. The blog is about University of Miami athletics. Stick to that as much as possible.
2. Attack ideas, not each other. Don't pick fights, we are all part of the 'Canes Family.
3. Spreading negative rumors and unconfirmed rumor mongering are not acceptable.
4. Do not feed the trolls. They will starve, be deleted soon enough and go away.
5. Do not repeatedly post the same thing every day, all day long. Post an opinion and move on.
And while this is not really a formal rule but more of a suggestion, once in a while if you must, especially during the offseason, try to have some fun, post something funny or off topic as long as it is appropriate, relevant and timely.
There, now I inquire: "Is that too much to ask?"