The Series vs. illinois: Miami is 0-1 against Illinois, falling 86-76 in 1969.
The Broadcasts: Catch the game on TBA with Tim Brando (play-by-play), Mike Gminski (analyst) and Otis Livingston (sideline) on the call. Listen to the NCAA Tournament games on Dial Global Sports with Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and Reid Gettys (analyst) as well as 560 WQAM Radio with Joe Zagacki (play-by-play) and Josh Darrow (analyst).
The Coach: Head coach Jim Larrañaga is in his 29th season as a head coach and second at Miami. He has a 518-353 overall record and is 48-19 in his second season at Miami.
In the NCAA Tournament:
• The University of Miami men's basketball team is making its 18th postseason appearance in program history and fifth in just the last six seasons.
• Miami NCAA Championship seed history: 2 (2013, East), 2 (1999, East), 5 (2002, West), 6 (2000, South), 7 (2008, South) and 11 (1998, South).
• Miami is 5-6 in the NCAA Championships (last appearance in 2008).
• Miami has never advanced past the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA tourney.
• 2013 is Miami’s sixth NCAA tournament berth since 1997.
• Coach Jim Larrañaga is making his seventh NCAA tournament appearance and 14th overall postseason trip as head coach. He made the Final 4 in 2006.
• Five different coaches have led Miami to their seven NCAA tournament appearances: Jim Larrañaga (2013), Frank Haith (2008), Perry Clark (2002), Leonard Hamilton (1998, 1999, 2000), Bruce Hale (1960).
• Since Miami last appeared in the NCAA tournament on March 23, 2008.
• UM is 1-0 against Big Ten teams in the NCAA Tournament after No. 6 Miami defeated No. 3 Ohio State on March 19, 2000 in Nashville, Tenn.