FINAL SCORE: MIAMI 34, FLORIDA ATLANTIC 6
SUN LIFE STADIUM • AUG. 30, 2013 • ATTENDANCE: 50,151
• Miami has scored at least16 points in five straight first halves.
• Miami’s 303 rushing yards is the most for a UM team since Nov. 3, 2007 vs NC State, when they racked up 314 yards but lost 19-16 in OT. Last year’s team high was 248 rushing yards vs. Duke. The 303 yards are the most Miami has rushed for since moving to Sun Life Stadium.
• Miami has over 500 yards of offense in a season opener for the first time since 2002, when they racked up 517 in a 63-17 win over FAMU. This is the third-straight game Miami totals 500+ yards of offense.
• Defense held FAU to least amount of points(6) since 2011 vs. USF, when the Bulls only had a field goal(3).
• Duke Johnson notched his fifth career 100-yard game. This is also the fifth-straight game Duke Johnson has scored a TD and the fifth-straight game with 66+ rushing yards.
• Duke Johnson had seven plays of 35+yards in 2012 and had three in tonight’s season opener.
• Duke Johnson recorded career highs with 186 rushing yards and 19 carries, surpassing his previous highs of 176 yards vs. Duke and 16 carries vs. Duke and Virginia. Johnson was one yard shy of cracking Miami’s top 10 individual rushing performances list, as James Jackson and Willis McGahee share the No. 10 spot with 187 yards.
• Herb Waters scampered for 63 yards, his career best.
• Stephen Morris tallied 16 rush yards tonight, the most in his career against a non-conference opponent.
• Stacy Coley reeled in his first-career catch, a 7-yard reception. He ended the game with 19 yards from a pair of catches.
• Pat O’Donnell, Artie Burns, Stacy Coley, Jermaine Grace, David Gilbert, D’Mauri Jones, Corn Elder, Nate Dortch, Alex Figueroa, Justin Renfrow, Beau Sandland, Ufombu Kamalu, Al Quadin Muhammad, Jamal Carter, Malcolm Lewis and Standish Dobard all made debuts.
• Matt Goudis hits two FGs of 35-or-more yards in the first two attempts of career.
• Artie Burns and Corn Elder each recorded their first-career tackle.
• Dallas Crawford’s 4-yard touchdown run was his first-career TD.
UM STARTING PLAYERS:
• Offensive starters: WR Allen Hurns, LT Ereck Flowers, LG Malcolm Bunche, C Shane McDermott, RG Brnadon Linder, RT Jon Feliciano, TE Clive Walford, QB Stephen Morris, RB Duke Johnson, FB Maurice Hagens, WR Philip Dorsett.
• Defensive starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DT Curtis Porter, DT Olsen Pierre, DE Shayon Green, OLB Thurston Armbrister, MLB Jimmy Gaines, OLB Denzel Perryman, CB Tracy Howard, S Kacy Rodgers II, S
Rayshawn Jenkins, CB Ladarius Gunter.