Can you imagine any team in college football that could perform this way the previous season and still be be ranked highly the following season:
- Going 4-8 the previous season.
- Losing badly to a 1-AA team at home.
- Having a head coach on the hottest of hot seats.
- Having your lead recruiter and entire offensive coaching staff fired.
- Having basically no proven wide receivers on the roster.
- Having a returning a QB who has done nothing in his career.
- And still be ranked in the top 25?
To most neutral observers the clear and obvious answer (barring any serious SEC ESPN cash intervention) is of course not!
But that is exactly what some media types (read: idiots or ignorants) have prognosticated for the Florida Gator football team this pre-season.
Surely, U can't be serious? But apparently, these clowns are completely serious and they (see below) have politely asked us not to call them Shirley.
Well here it goes: "Shirley, U can't be serious?"
How can an unproven coach, with an unproven team, rank that high?
The answer is they can't; or at least they shouldn't; but they are.
Only time will tell who the intelligent analysts and the prognosticating fools are.
Now, UF is ranked ahead of UM in most pre-season predictions for 2014.
So, Hurricane fans, what say U about this total nonsense?