The countdown to the 2014 football season is well underway as the University of Miami football team will officially begin Fall practice on Tuesday August 5 in Coral Gables. UM head coach Al Golden will head into his fourth season at the helm of a team that on paper appears improved but also has some serious questions about who the starting quarteback is going to be.
To help kick off the festivities of another exciting college footbal season, the Hurricanes will host their fans on campus with the annual BankUnited CanesFest on August 23 from 4-7 p.m.
For the first time in history, the event will be held at the recently opened Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence and the newly upgraded Greentree Practice Fields. The event is free and open to the public.
2014 BankUnited CanesFest Events
- Interactive games for kids, including a baseball radar gun, a timed 40-yard dash competition, soccer, volleyball and rowing stations spread across the athletics facilities, as well as inflatables.
- Guided tours of the new athletics facilities, including the new football locker room.
- An autograph session featuring student-athletes and coaches.
- A photo booth for fans of all ages, and photo opportunities with Sebastian the Ibis, the Miami Maniac, as well as a “Dress Like a Cane” station where fans can try on the football uniforms new for the 2014 season.
- The one-of-a-kind opportunity to run through the smoke out of the Miami helmet, a tradition unlike any other. Feel what it’s like to be a Hurricane on game day!
- An interactive picnic area set up on the Schwartz Center patio including food trucks, official Miami Hurricanes merchandise for sale, ticket sales tables and Hurricane Club representatives.
- The UM Sports Hall of Fame, adjacent to the Hecht Athletic Center on San Amaro Drive, will be open for all visitors.
You can secure your seats to Miami’s home games vs. the defending National Champions Florida State and the North Carolina Tar Heels (Homecoming) today with a Two-Game Mini-Plan. Plans start at just $108 and include the same seat to both games plus a complimentary hat ($30 value).
For more information or to order online, visit CanesTix.com.