Angel Rodriguez scored 24 points and Miami shot 67 percent after halftime to upset No. 4 Duke 90-74 on Tuesday night, snapping the Blue Devils' 41-game home winning streak.
Manu Lecomte had a career-high 23 points for the Hurricanes (12-4, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference), who dominated the final 20 minutes with their pesky defense and attacking dribble penetration that the Blue Devils just couldn't defend.
Trailing 35-34 at the break, Miami shot 18-for-27 after halftime and hit 6 of 9 3-pointers - a stunningly one-sided show starring a team that lost by 28 points at home to Eastern Kentucky on Dec. 19.
Duke (14-2, 2-2) hadn't lost at Cameron Indoor Stadium since March 2012 and hadn't lost consecutive regular-season games since February 2009. But much like Sunday's loss at against North Carolina State, the Blue Devils were unable to slow a hot-shooting team nor keep up at their own offensive end.
* With the win over Duke, Miami snapped the Blue Devils’ 41-game home winning streak. The Blue Devils’ 41-game home winning streak was the longest home winning streak in the NCAAcoming into tonight’s game.
* Miami also snapped Duke’s 19-game ACC home game winning streak.
* Miami’s win over Duke marked its second win on the road over a Top 10 opponent. Earlier this season, Miami defeated then No. 8/7 Florida.
* According to the Associated Press, Duke’s loss to unranked Miami, marked just the seventh home loss the Blue Devils had sustained in the last 242 games against unranked teams.
* The Hurricanes win over No. 4 Duke was the highest ranked opponent Miami had defeated on the road since its 73-71 win over No. 2 Connecticut.
* Miami’s 90 points against Duke were a season high. The Hurricanes’ 56 second-half points were the most points Miami has scored in one half of play all year.
* Angel Rodriguez scored a game-high 24 points on 8-of-15 shooting. He fell just one point shy of his career-best point total of 25 points, which he set earlier this year against. Virginia.
* Rodriguez scored in double figures for the 13th time this season and the fifth-consecutive game.
* Rodriguez also scored20-or-more points for the third time this season.
* Manu Lecomte finishedwith a career-high 23 points on 5-of-10 shooting from the field.
* Lecomte finished in double figures for the ninth time this season.
* Sheldon McClellan also scored in double figures as he finished with 14 points. McClellan has scored in double figures in 13 straight games. He has scored in double figures in 14 games this season.
* Tonye Jekiri finished the game with a team-high 10 rebounds. Jekiri has pulled down 10-or-more rebounds in eight games this season, including the last three games.
Read more here: www.hurricanesports.com