Tonight when your Miami Hurricanes travel to Wallace Wade Stadium to face ACC Coastal Division foe Duke (7 p.m. / ESPNU) a new era in UM football will start. Larry Scott will replace the fired Al Golden on the sidelines as the new head coach of the Hurricanes.
Here are some quick facts about the teams, the series and the game from www.hurricanesports.com:
-The Hurricanes carry a commanding 10-2 all-time series lead against Duke, including a 5-1 mark in Durham. UM won the 2014 matchup between the schools, a 22-10 decision at Sun Life Stadium.
-Duke, ranked No. 18 in the USA Today Coaches Poll & No. 22 by the Associated Press, represent Miami’s third ranked opponent of 2015; the Hurricanes played at No. 8/12 Florida State on Oct. 10 and played No. 6/6 Clemson last weekend (Oct. 31).
1. Interim head coach Larry Scott will be coaching his first game at the helm of the Hurricanes against No. 22/18 Duke.
2. Miami carries a 10-2 all-time record against the Blue Devils into Saturday’s matchup, including a 5-1 all-time mark in Durham.
3. QB Brad Kaaya’s 1,846 passing yards are tops among ACC quarterbacks; he is averaging an ACC-best 263.7 yards per game.
4. Miami’s +11 turnover margin is the second-best mark in the nation; Miami has lost just five turnovers, sixth-fewest in FBS.
5. Both redshirt senior WR Rashawn Scott (1,019) and junior WR Stacy Coley (1,042) surpassed 1,000 career receiving yards last time out against Clemson.
Canespace Predicition: Miami 41 - Duke 20.